Re: [orca-list] New Linux user, needing higher quality speech...

I don't think DECTalk can run on Linux for much the same reasons as most
old synthesizers. It's just not being rebuilt against the latest
libraries. In fact, the version that actually sounded rather good,
version 4.6, has been abandoned by whoever owns the software now, so if
it is ever resurrected using old system libraries, it will likely suffer
the same potential security issues as Voxin et al.
Sent from my Coke can
--
"Don't judge my disability until you are able to see my ability."
~Kyle: https://kyle.tk/