Re: [orca-list] New Linux user, needing higher quality speech...

hmmm, at least the say program still works on my box which has the
latest libraries, maybe its statically linked.  But speech dispatcher
does not have a driver for it, otherwise it might work nicely with orca.

Kyle <kyle4jesus gmail com> wrote:

I don't think DECTalk can run on Linux for much the same reasons as most
old synthesizers. It's just not being rebuilt against the latest
libraries. In fact, the version that actually sounded rather good,
version 4.6, has been abandoned by whoever owns the software now, so if
it is ever resurrected using old system libraries, it will likely suffer
the same potential security issues as Voxin et al.
Sent from my Coke can
--
"Don't judge my disability until you are able to see my ability."
~Kyle: https://kyle.tk/