Re: [orca-list] New Linux user, needing higher quality speech...

hi
Really? My posts crash eloquence? What words do I put in there that
crash it? Far as I know, I don't put any deliberate crash words in
there ... hmm. Maybe I should go back over my email singature.
Thanks
Kendell clark

Christopher Chaltain wrote:
The only thing I'll toss out there is that I think the original
poster meant speech quality when he was talking about high quality
voices and not code quality.

BTW, I don't work for anyone who packages Voxin, but I do try to
contribute a little bit to Vinux. All I did was provide a link to a
wiki page where you could read up on Voxin and purchase it for your
Vinux system, which is what the original poster was running. In
fact, I just found that link with a simple Google search.

I'm not arguing with the fact that Voxin is built on older
libraries or has some known issues, but in all of the years I've
used Eloquence, the only times I've had the synthesizer take my
screen reader down due to those words you've mentioned is when
people have maliciously included them in email messages or IRC
channels. I agree it's an issue, and it's unfortunate it hasn't
been addressed, but sometimes I think the issue is blown a bit out
of proportion. I'm always making trade offs between different
applications and platforms for various reasons, and I have no issue
with someone preferring the sound of Eloquence enough to put up
with these infrequent crashes. Kendall's posts occasionally crash
Orca on me and I'm running eSpeak, but I'm not considering dropping
eSpeak because of it.