Re: [orca-list] why Skype works in Ubuntu 15.04

hi
I kind of jumped in the middle of this. Does he need to use skype for
his job? I don't think he should use skype. That said, it *is*
possible to get it working. My main objection was that linux shouldn't
go out of it's way to support an application that can't move with the
times, not necessarily that it was owned by microsoft. If ms were
serious about supporting skype on linux, they'd have built it for 64
bit qt, making all this effort to get it working unnecessary. Then my
only objection would be that it's closed source, which isn't enough of
an objection to yell at a person for wanting to use it. To sum up, I
didn't write that email because it's microsoft skype, but rather
because it's a 32 bit qt application, and getting those talking with
orca on a 64 bit system is not trivial. And when it doesn't work, who
 gets blamed? Linux. Linux should make it easy, why doesn't this work,
... etc etc.
Thanks
Kendell clark