Re: [orca-list] why Skype works in Ubuntu 15.04

hi
I'll second this idea. I'm available and willing to start up the sonar
podcast again, just tell me when and where. As for skype ... not to
sound harsh or uncaring, but fsck microsoft. If they cannot and will
not rebuilt their application to at the very least use 64 bit qt4
libraries, which, while being phased out, are at least still supported
upstream, then they don't deserve your business, obsession, whatever
you want to call it. That said, if you are absolutely determined to
use skype, you can do so in ubuntu nd fedora. Arch is another story,
and I've never gotten it working, not that I've tried that hard. qt
at-spi is in deed deprecated, it's built into qt5, but it's still
necessary for a few qt applications, notably vlc media player. There
are some issues with orca and qt5, which I'm about to mail in about
that need fixing, but once those get fixed qt5 applications should be
nearly 100 percent accessible
Thanks
Kendell clark

Dave Hunt wrote:
I can confirm that linphone works in Debian and derivatives; I use
it in command line mode. There is also ekiga soft phone.  Pidgin
has support for xmpp audio and video chat, though, I've been told
my video is of dubious quality.  Maybe it's time for a Sonar
podcast on telephony without non-free options?

Cheers,

Dave Hunt

Join me on GNUSocial:  http://social.2mb.solutions/davehunt