Re: [orca-list] How should Orca present text attributes in "proofreading" mode?

Hello,

I am sorry I've used the word mode where it is not appropriate at all. By saying proof reading mode I've implicitly caused you to expect another mode which might complement focus and browse mode. I think focus vs browse mode is a kind of a toggle and no more switches should be added into this set of switches. This proof reading thing is something that will most likelly dramatically affect performance. So I expect an option saying something like Report text attributes after the cursor in the screen reader preferences window, hopefully on the text attributes tab. It should be disabled by default. You can then enable it when you need it. You might also like to create proofreading settings profile where you would also like to adjust speech parameters and even something else. So this is where existing feature settings profiles comes into play.

Anyway this is just how I am imagining this feature. I don't know all the platform specific details and accessibility API's features, so if at all and how it will be implemented we will see as Joanie gets to it.

Thanks and greetings

Peter

Dňa 31.7.2015 12:43 používateľ "kendell clark" <coffeekingms gmail com> napísal:

hi
I agree with peter. I'm curious how this proofreading mode will work.
Will it be a separate mode, like browse mode and focus mode, activated
via a keystroke, or a mode that orca enters into automatically when a
particular application or document is opened? Or will it be all of
them, configurable by the individual user? Regardless of the answer, I
can't wait to try this out.
Thanks
Kendell clark