Re: [orca-list] How should Orca present text attributes in "proofreading" mode?

Hello,
This message most likelly comes late as I assume implementation of this has already started but I'll try to describe what I like anyway.

Currently within screen reader preferences dialog on the text attributes tab we do have a list with checkable items representing text attributes e.g. font family, underline, bold, foreground / background color etc. What is checked in this list is being examined on the current caret position and reported when pressing orca+f keyboard shortcut inside a document. I think when orca+f is pressed all the attributes orca can retrieve should be reported. This list however should stay there and instead controlling what is reported on orca+f key press it should control what will be reported in this so called proof reading mode. It should be reported in speech and most likelly in braille as well. I don't own a braille device so I can't give better suggestion on braille. But when reporting in speech I imagine it to work like this.

Imagine we do have the following text
Hello, This is bold and this is blue.
The word bold is written in bold and the foreground color of word blue is blue.

If the default color is black, we do have foreground color and bold checked within the list I am tallking about all the time then reading this line should yeeld the following via speech
Hello, This is bold bold no bold and this is blue blue black.

When navigating by characters or other units this should also apply meaning orca will always query the formatting on the current caret position and it should compare it to the formatting on the previous caret position. So for example when navigating over these three words within the same formatted text
is bold and
by character you will get something like
i s space bold b o l d no bold space a n d

This might be difficult to explain so if you think I should describe it in other words or give more examples please ask. What I like is highly inspired by how NVDA is working on windows.

Thanks and greetings

Peter