Re: [orca-list] skype and focus

I can confirm this behaviour. Whenever there is notification made by
Skype, Orca loses focus.
I had to disable Skype notifications. But it would be surely nice to
have this fixed.
Vojta

On 5.1.2015 19:21, B. Henry wrote:
I used skype for the first time in a few months these last few days. Some of this was using a distro that
must use orca 3.4, but I also used it with
3.14 on F123 and noticed, for sure when using 3.4, and I think with 3.14 as well that when I make a call
focus is not switched to the call window. It
stays on the main window, so to hang up, or read call quality data is not as easy as it should be.
I'll test some more in the next day or two and if I notice anything different will report back here.
I do not remember that this was always the case, but this may be my memory. On the other hand is it the
latest skype that does this? I mostly stopped
using skype when we were forced to update to 4.3.something because I do not use pulseaudio on my arch
installations. Generally I must say however that
I'm quite pleased with skype 4.3's accessiblity. For the first time ever I connected my skype account via
the main interface. I got sighted help 4+years
ago to configure skype on a Vinux 3.0 box, and I've just copied my ~/.skype directory over to new boxes
since then till this last skype installation.
Regards,