Re: [orca-list] skype and focus

I used skype for the first time in a few months these last few days. Some of this was using a distro that
must use orca 3.4, but I also used it with
3.14 on F123 and noticed, for sure when using 3.4, and I think with 3.14 as well that when I make a call
focus is not switched to the call window. It
stays on the main window, so to hang up, or read call quality data is not as easy as it should be.
I'll test some more in the next day or two and if I notice anything different will report back here.
I do not remember that this was always the case, but this may be my memory. On the other hand is it the
latest skype that does this? I mostly stopped
using skype when we were forced to update to 4.3.something because I do not use pulseaudio on my arch
installations. Generally I must say however that
I'm quite pleased with skype 4.3's accessiblity. For the first time ever I connected my skype account via the
main interface. I got sighted help 4+years
ago to configure skype on a Vinux 3.0 box, and I've just copied my ~/.skype directory over to new boxes since
then till this last skype installation.
Regards,

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Jos?? Vilmar Est??cio de Souza wrote:
Mon, Jan 05, 2015 at 04:10:50PM -0200

Hi all.
I am forced to use skype in my job because some clients do not move from
skype to another solution.

I use skype together with pidgin and in general I have no problems, except
for the fact that when skype sends some alert like 'someon is online', orca
seems to lose the focus.
I need to press alt+tab and alt+tab again  or in some apps tab and shift+tab
to regain focus.

Someone is also having this problem?
Thanks.

--