Re: [orca-list] Discoverability of keyboard ungrab in VM software?

If Boxes can use kvm directly, then it should most likely be able to
emulate a Gravis Ultrasound, an Ensonic ES1370 or ES1371 or a
SoundBlaster 16 card, as well as an AC97 codec that I believe should use
the snd_intel8x0 module. If Boxes interfaces with KVM using Qemu, all
that stuff should already be there. If not, it could most likely share
Qemu's sound emulation code, unless licensing is an issue, which I would
guess is probably not the case, since Boxes is licensed as LGPL and Qemu
is part LGPL and part GPL. My guess is that the underlying emulation
code in question in Qemu is LGPL, so it should fit quite nicely into
Boxes if needed. Of course, I could be missing the problem entirely, and
the problem may be that Boxes is missing a library it needs to emulate
sound, as it may be sharing library code with Qemu. In this case,
installing Qemu should just work. In any case, I already use Qemu, so
I'll give Boxes a try to see what happens at this point. I'm hoping for
something as flexible as running qemu-system-x86_64 from a terminal, but
more persistent, meaning that it should be easier to save my settings
and change them, hopefully somewhat like VirtualBox, but with a GTK
interface.
Sent from my coffee maker
--
"Don't judge my disability until you are able to see my ability."
~Kyle: https://kyle.tk/