Re: [orca-list] Discoverability of keyboard ungrab in VM software?

hi
NOds, this sounds about right. Boxes is a frontend to kvm, which is
used by qemu. It can also interface with libvirt, which is a
virtualization independent library for interfacing
 with virtualbox and vmware. Both v virtualbox and vmware implement
their own virtualization methods, whereas boxes uses either kvm which
is built into the kernel or libvirt, which can use eitehr kvm, vmware
or virtualbox's vm libraries. I believe this is right. Why boxes
doesn't enable sound by default I'm not sure. My guess is it was
simply an oversight. Most sighted people don't need it, so it wasn't
implemented. If this is going to be useful to us blind people though,
it's going to be necessary
Thanks
Kendell clark

B. Henry wrote:
Yes, while this is an obvious no brainer to check before starting a
VM, a pop-up message telling about this with the option to not show
it again makes perfect sense. And if boxes does not enable sound in
the VM, it seems like we can't use it anyway, or only via ssh or
similar. Am I misunderstanding this Kendell? I have never tried
boxes to tell the truth, and have barely even heard of it. How does
it compare with virtualbox, vmware, and other popular and perhaps
better known VM offerings? I am certainly encouraged that box
dev(s) are asking about accessibility, and will be taking a look as
I'lll be needing an occasional VM in the near future I think.
Regards,