Re: [orca-list] Arch linux mate, orca issue

On Sat, Feb 07, 2015 at 07:14:20AM AEDT, B. Henry wrote:
I think I know where you read that about removing pulse, or at least I knoow one place where that is
incorrectly stated.
As Kyle says, you can indeed change to a pure alsa system, but I would not try libao, at least not first.
It did not work for me and is certainly not
needed.
Just select pure alsa in your speechdispatcher configurations.

I'd advise against this. The alsa driver in speech-dispatcher is known to be buggy and crashy. The libao
driver was introduced to work around the alsa driver problems, since libao offers alsa output.

Luke