[orca-list] switching back to dSpeak with no speech

Hi,
I always forget to run apt-get update before installing Voxin installer, and
this time, when I ran restart gdm after installing Voxin, I could hear no
speech.
I tried running Orca again, but that did not work of course, because it
should have been running, as I set it to start on log in.
So I am trying to do things likd insert + space bar, and arrow right once,
and tab once and down arrow once or twice, and tab again, and try the same
down arrows.
I keep thinking that by doing this, I will be able to reselect eSpeak, but
it does not work.
Is there an Orca command-line argument that would call it with eSpeak going?
Thanks.

Glenn