Re: [orca-list] GUI Redesign or clearup and modernization

The thing to remember is that there are linux users who are not as advanced as most ppl on this list, and
they will not want to change from what they've
used for years if the changes are not intuitive and pretty obvious with out a bunch of reading docs or
looking around.
Whiule the average Linux-screenreader using  person is a bit more savvy than the average Windows user I
think, I run in to quite a few that are far from
advanced even after using Linux for longer than I have.
I think so far we have seen a nice job done at making things NVDA compatible as muchas is practical.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Fernando Botelho wrote:
Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 03:32:17PM -0300

My own two cents on this is that anything that brings Orca settings closer
to NVDA or TalkBack settings is good; just so there is an easier transition
for folks coming to Linux.

Anything that ties Orca too deeply to Gnome and makes it more difficult to
use it in mate and others is bad.

Best,

Fernando