Re: [orca-list] will installing mate mess up sighted users?

Good point, unles there is something specific your folks use that has a preferred version  in 15.04 I'd say
stickwith the lts, but you have probably
already thought about this?

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Zahari Yurukov wrote:
Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 06:34:38PM +0300

Hi,
If you have multiple desktop enviroments, you can use one and ignore the
others if you want.
However, the installed programs by one of the DE will show on the
others, which could be a benefit or defect - depending of your point of
view.
I guess you're aware, that Ubuntu 15.04 is not a stable version and will
reach end-of-life in January 2016, i.e. after 5 months.
I haven't tried Ubuntu 15.04 - is there something perticulary
interesting in this version, which makes it preferable compaired to 14.04?

Best wishes,
Zahari

На 19.08.2015 в 18:04, John Heim написа:
I do support for about 100 linux workstations running ubuntu. I am about
to upgrade them to 15.04 and I was thinking of adding the mate desktop
to the install. I am wondering if my end-users will be inconvenienced by
this in any way. If they are totally uninterested in mate, will they be
able to ignore it without doing anything?

Being a desktop support person is a little like being a politician. No
matter what you do, you are going to get criticism. But what I'd like to
know is if I add mate, will my end-users have legitimate complaints? I
mean, some will probably like it but even if the onese who like it
outnumber the ones who don't by 4 to 1, that's a loss.

--
John Heim john johnheim com
The manual is at