Re: [orca-list] will installing mate mess up sighted users?

Check your installation to see if mate is starting unity indicators and remove these from startup programs,
and do the same in unity to make sure no
mate specific stuff is started, e.g. an extra screensaver or polkit...
There is no inconvenience, as they can set which ever desktop they prefer to be default once, and change to
the other if they ever want to go back.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  John Heim wrote:
Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 10:04:13AM -0500

I do support for about 100 linux workstations running ubuntu. I am about to
upgrade them to 15.04 and I was thinking of adding the mate desktop to the
install. I am wondering if my end-users will be inconvenienced by this in
any way. If they are totally uninterested in mate, will they be able to
ignore it without doing anything?

Being a desktop support person is a little like being a politician. No
matter what you do, you are going to get criticism. But what I'd like to
know is if I add mate, will my end-users have legitimate complaints? I mean,
some will probably like it but even if the onese who like it outnumber the
ones who don't by 4 to 1, that's a loss.

--
John Heim john johnheim com