[orca-list] will installing mate mess up sighted users?

I do support for about 100 linux workstations running ubuntu. I am about to upgrade them to 15.04 and I was thinking of adding the mate desktop to the install. I am wondering if my end-users will be inconvenienced by this in any way. If they are totally uninterested in mate, will they be able to ignore it without doing anything?

Being a desktop support person is a little like being a politician. No matter what you do, you are going to get criticism. But what I'd like to know is if I add mate, will my end-users have legitimate complaints? I mean, some will probably like it but even if the onese who like it outnumber the ones who don't by 4 to 1, that's a loss.

--
John Heim john johnheim com