Re: [orca-list] weird keyboard latency

What gui/desktop are you using? I'll assume everything is updated unless you
say different?
Gnome 3.16.

Do you have the problem in all applications?
Yeah, the speaking latency happens in all the applications I use
(Firefox, Thunderbird, Pidgin, assorted Gnome stuff).

Just some further clarification: The console works normally using
Speakup and Espeakup, so it's not a keyboard signal latency issue, or
an Espeak issue. The weirdest thing is that for a few minutes directly
after booting up, the problem doesn't occur. This is also happening on
two different machines of mine (an old Dell desktop and a Lenovo
thinkpad).