Re: [orca-list] weird keyboard latency

What gui/desktop are you using? I'll assume everything is updated unless you say different?
I have run a few different destops on arch and not seen this, and doubt systemd is involved.
Do you have the problem in all applications?

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Hussain Jasim wrote:
Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 07:05:31PM -0400

I'm running a recently updated Arch system right now.

I've been having a strange problem for a while where the latency
between key presses and orca speech output is really bad. Bad enough
that I can arrow down three times in succession, and Orca will only
start speaking after the third press.

I'm not sure exactly what's causing this. I've isolated it to
basically anything that got updated this year. It's not directly Orca,
because downgrading doesn't fix the problem, nor in fact does
downgrading all of Orca's dependency chain.

I thought it was the upower keyboard issue introduced in systemd 221,
but the update to 222 didn't fix it either.

At this point I have no idea what to do, and it's driving me up the
wall. Is anyone else experiencing a similar phenomenon? Is there
another direction I should start looking to diagnose the problem?