Re: [orca-list] OCRDesktop hosting

Howdy Tony, howdy list,

thanks for your nice offer. for now its hosted on my own rootserver. but since the last mails i reconize that more people interested on ocrdesktop than I thougt.
So I will upload it to a more public place. I think github is good for doing that.

yes It needs some more depencys:
- tesseract-ocr
- tesseract-ocr-<your language code> #language files for tesseract-ocr... for example tesseract-ocr-eng
- libwnck-3-0
- python3-pil
- python-tesserwrap

on ubuntu
sudo aptitude install libwnck-3-0  python3-pil  tesseract-ocr tesseract-ocr-eng #change "eng" to your language code
on fedora
sudo dnf install libwnck3 python-pillow tesseract tesseract-langpack
python-tesserwrap is sadly not available here so you have to compile it from source.
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/tesserwrap
there is a setup.py this should do its job as well.

the script it self is located here:
http://crivatec.de/page/uploads/Downloads/Accessible%20Games/ocrdesktop-0.9.28.tar.xz

after that you should able to start the script without problems. assign it to a shortcut in your DE and just press the shortcut in a window that you want to OCR (see my archwiki here).
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ocrdesktop
B. H. is currently working on a manpage (thanks for doing that!). for making the wiki information available local.

for problems/bugs/wishes just PM to me. I didnt ever test it on a other distro but for shure i will help to make the beast working ;). Maybe someone that uses that distros could provide a package.

cheers chrys