Re: [orca-list] little off: A question with Nautilus view menu related

Hello,
I am sorry to repeat my-self but I am afraid Attila has not fully understood the issue or perhaps I tried to explain it using complicated terms.

When Nautilus is started for the first time it displays files in a grid like layout showing icons view. When pressing space bar key on the view menu toggle button focused the popover expands putting focus on the first radio button in a group. Orca reports something like "Grid, unselected radio button, 1 of 2". By pressing the right arrow key we can move focus to "List, unselected radio button, 2 of 2". Pressing space bar while this second radio button is focused selects the radio button but orca does not announce this state. The state is not reported even when moving left to right in this group of radio buttons again. However pressing space bar on the second radio button saying List, then hitting esc key and finally pressing shift+tab several times to go back to the list of files reveals that files are now arranged in a list instead of grid like icons view. The result is that the controls are functional and react to key presses however their state is not communicated through accessibility API's to orca.

Greetings

Peter

On 11.08.2015 at 17:40 Joanmarie Diggs:
Hey Attila.

I took a quick look. The items which look more like toggle buttons to
me, but which claim to be radio buttons, are not emitting the expected
state-changed events so Orca doesn't know there's anything to announce.
I'll dig into this a bit more later and then file a bug against Nautilus
or Gtk+ depending on where the bug is.

I was not able to reproduce any lags, delays, freezes, or the like. But
I'll see what I can figure out from the debug.out you sent me.

Thanks!
--joanie