Re: [orca-list] Orca now has preliminary support for object mode / non-layout mode. Yes. Really.

Hi Joanie, all
Many thanks for the hard work.

On 11/09/14 20:36, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
By "preliminary" I mean that it still needs polish, for instance, not
treating a checkbox and its label as if they were on separate lines. (Or
do you want those kept separate?)
No, in the same line would be great :)

  I also have questions like:

* What should Orca do when there is punctuation and whitespace in
   between two links? Are those three "lines" or just two?
I vote for two lines, first one with the comma included.
a link,
b link

* What should happen when you use structural navigation to move to a list item which consists of a number and a link? Technically the link is separate, but you also didn't down arrow; you pressed i. Etc., etc., etc. But I figure that you can just try it with your favorite sites and we can all discuss here what behaviors you'd like to see changed. The other thing it needs, I assume, are a GUI means to set it and perhaps a keyboard command to toggle it. Because of the various freezes GNOME is in, I cannot add those to the gnome-3-14 branch without blessing from the localization team -- and in the case of a GUI option I also need the release team to approve it. Note that this is not a temporary situation: The configuration and command cannot go into GNOME 3.14 ever unless I get permission. I can of course add them to master and will. But first: 1. Do we need both a GUI option and a command to toggle it, or just one or the other? 2. If we need a command to toggle it, any suggestions for the bindings? Orca+L for Layout or Orca+O for object would be great -- and are available in Desktop Layout. But then Laptop Layout would need a different command. Suggestions very much welcome. GUI and command would be great, a single command to switch between both modes should be enough. But I think that this feature might be pending to complete for 3.16 meanly question of time, next week I think is time for proposal for features in 3.16?
Any way, We are used to live in the bleeding edge :)

Take care,
Regards,
Javier
 3. Tel