Re: [orca-list] Orca now has preliminary support for object mode / non-layout mode. Yes. Really.

One of the things I've always liked about Orca is the way it presents
websites more closely to the screen layout than other screen readers I
used in the past on other operating systems. Even ChromeVox doesn't
always present a layout that is similar to the way a website looks on
screen to the extent that Orca does. That said, I guess some people need
a different presentation style. In this case, I think a checkbox in
preferences is probably the best way to handle this, as long as the
layout presentation remains the default. A command keybinding may be
good as well, but it may be good to be able to toggle between the two
presentation modes.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/
--