Re: [orca-list] minor issues in text edit fields

kendell clark <coffeekingms gmail com> wrote:
I'll add to this, that I can usually get speech back by manually
killing and restarting orca. Running killall orca speech-dispatcher,
and then restarting orca does the trick. This does need fixing though
as it is very annoying, particularly if you don't remember exactly
where you were when this happened.

Have you tried turning on Orca debugging, and checking in ~/.xsession-errors
for any relevant error messages?

It would also be worth looking at your kernel logs in case an important
desktop component (at-spi, for example, as you suggest) crashes.

If you can collect proper error reports, it should be a lot easier for the
Orca and GNOME accessibility developers to solve the issue.