Re: [orca-list] minor issues in text edit fields

I have gedit, and perhaps some other editors, stop seeing document text from time to time, but thought it
might be because
I'm not using gnome. I can be reading a txt file and all is well, but then after a pause, doesn't seem like
it'd be long
enough for a screensaver to kick in even if that is happening in fluxbox which I'm not at all sure it does, I
hear nothing
when I try and read or edit the file.
I am almost possitive this happened when I was using XFCE much more, and probably in mate as well. I can't
tie this to any
specific set of conditions, and am close to sure that we are often talking a shorter interval than any
screensaver
configuration I have ever used.
I have LO installed, but use it much less than gedit or mousepad, and I don't remember for sure whether this
has happened
to me using LO-writer.
If there has been a change in the file since last save when things go silent I get speech back when saving,
but how often
I am not sure. Will hae to pay much closer attention to all of this.
When using firefox I often have to toggle carrot nav off and back on to be able to read the webpage quite
frequently, and
this can certainly happen in a minute or two sometimes, probably less than a mnute at times.
Some times this does not happen and I have been writing it off to usiing less supported GUIs and or my
limited hardware,
but the latter should not be a factor when using fluxbox, or even XFCE most of the time as I limit
multitasking rather
strictly in the GUI, and am not using resource intensive CLI apps several at a time either. Using fluxbox I
generally have
a bit of free RAM and little or nothing in swap, and if not using firefox, LO-writer or some other more CPU
and memory
hungry GUI apps, may have a couple hundred MB of RAM completelly free.
--
B.H.