[orca-list] unable to use programs as super user in ubuntu mate

hi there,
installed gnome mate, I needed to mod some files in /etc, and typed
sudo pluma and then file name.
it asks me to put in my sudo password I do so, and it loads.
I alt and tab, and it says untitled document inaccessable.
do alt+f to go to the file menu, but it does not talk at all.
using the version of gnome orca that comes with the ubuntu mate iso image.
I hope this helps.
oh, using pluma with out sudo in other words as the user that you are
logged in as works as normall.
I don't know if this is an orca bug or a mate one.
if it is a mate bug, could someone forward on my behalf?
thanks
Majid Hussain