[orca-list] What is latest Orca/arch orca-git question

I have been using the orca-git package to update from master for a while now, and have not seen an update
since orca-git-3.13.90.r127.g8ce18bd-1
First question is does the maintainer need to update something when the first numbers change, e.g. 3.13.90?
As I've not seen an update for some time I went to the downloads page and saw 3.13.92 and 3.14. Of course I'm
well aware that 3.14 has been around for a
while now, but  I saw mentioned 3.15 pre mentioned on the list with in the last day or so.
So I clone from git and see that it is indeed 3.15pre.
What is the criteria for putting an odd numbered package in to tarballs and zip packages?
And another arch specific question:
It takes a good bit of forever to do all the touching and such for the various languages when installing the
orca-git package, but it was fast wen I
manually built the package from the git sources. Why is this? Does something in the package managment system
give this a low priority? I can't say it
mattered much whether I had a bit going on or not at the same time as I was installing the orca-git package,
and I generally shy away from heavy
multitasking anyway, especially if I see my CPu's being pushed or memory's low.
Thanks in advance for filling in any of my blanks when it comes to understanding orcaversions and arch git
packages.
--
B.H.