Re: [orca-list] Navigating Thunderbird with Orca

kendell clark <coffeekingms gmail com> wrote:

hi
I suspect numerous accessibility bugs in thunderbird itself, actually.
Typing in messages can be extremely slow, eventually grinding to a
hault, causing orca to no longer announce new characters, or be able
to navigate. If a debug log is needed I can provide one. The message
lag is well known and has already been filed with thunderbird
developers. I think they're working on a fix. i didn't know about the
alt 1 shortcut, I'll try that next time thunderbird decides not to
read with orca.

Part of the problem is that Thunderbird is officially being maintained only
for bug fixes (including security). Mozilla all but dropped support for it.

I still think Mutt is the best mail solution under Linux at this point, except
possibly one of the Emacs clients.

In fact, I think Mutt is better than anything I have used under any operating
system so far as mail handling is concerned.