[orca-list] Navigating Thunderbird with Orca

Hello all,

I've been trying out Thunderbird 31.2 with Orca under Arch Linux.

It appears that typing ctrl-w doesn't consistently close the message window and return to the page that shows the list of messages and the tree of mail folders. Typing alt-1 seems to do this reliably.

I've turned off the preview pane, which seems to speed up navigating through the message list, as it doesn't then display each message as I move to it.

I suspect I'm missing some obvious facts about how to navigate between the message winodw and the list of messages - suggestions welcome.