Re: [orca-list] Queries regarding e-book readers for Visually Impaired

Hello al,

I have followed this thread only partially, but I am absolutely interested in an ebook reader for Linux.

Actualy, apart from some serious Bios rpoblems I'm experiencing at the moment, which don't seem to let me install anything linux on this machine, one of the real reasons why I ahvn't been able to seriously migrate from Windows is the difficulty in reading ebooks.

I'm a braille fan, and love reading rather than listening to audio. Therefore, a "real" ebook reader is vital to me.

Have I got it right, that it would/could be Reece who could develop it?
I'm definitely ready to donate to the project. If I can't give $50 in one instalment, I'd definitely be ready to pledge to give €50, which should be a little more than $50, perhaps in two instalments. Would that be acceptable?

I'm using Qread in Windows, or Adobe Digital editions for drm-protected books. In Linux I've used Epub Reader - Firefox xteension -, but that's onl good for unprotected epubs.

Count on me for supporting this project.
Ciao, and thanks for bringing it up at this particular moment.
Ollie