Re: [orca-list] getting gdm screen to talk

covici ccs covici com <covici ccs covici com> wrote:

So, what can I do if the gdm screen does not speak?  I did put gdm in
debug mode and it does say greeter started, but that is all I have.

You could switch to a virtual terminal, log in, and us ps to find out what
processes are running, or log into the machine from another system over ssh
and perform the checking from there.

For anyone requiring braille or speech access to Linux, I would strongly
recommend ensuring that you can use a virtual console with Speakup, BRLTTY
etc. The GUI alone isn't going to suffice, especially when something goes
wrong, even if you do most of your shell activity from Gnome-terminal.