Re: [orca-list] orca and pulse audio work around

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 04:05:32PM EST, Thomas Ward wrote:
Hi Attila,

The delay or lag in speech is caused by the Cepstral voices
themselves. They are not very responsive, and I have noticed this
behavior in David, Callie, and Dianne which I have used with Orca. I
have also tried the Windows version of Callie with NVDA and same
issue. I think the lag is a general problem with Cepstral's voices,
and there is little you or I as end users can do about it.

I find that quite interesting, given that we do not have proper speech-dispatcher drivers for cepstral yet.
Is there a difference in response times between the 2 systems, given one has a direct driver, and the other
is working through a command-line program?

Luke