Re: [orca-list] Accessible online free service for storage

owncloud is very nice, you have your own server, no bandwidth limits
like dropbox, and it works well with ios devices, with a few bugs in the
ios implementations.

B. Henry <burt1iband gmail com> wrote:

This did not make it to the list, so L., keep reading for more at the end of what you already may have read
off-list.

 The grive utility, commandline, is very usable, but you must manually sync.
Can't beat 15GB free, but I hear with windows client at least there are major problems with very large
volumes of files
and folders, so stick with the free account.
Firefox and orca do not work well with google drive last I tried, so use chrome/chromevox. I can't help
with jaws as I
only use that as a last resort, and have hardly even used windows in half a year, and not more than 5% of
my computing has
been done on windows for the nearly 4 years I have been using Linux.
I am very sad that ubuntuone is going away as I've used it and really like its integration for things
like email
attachments.
Own-cloud is accessible, but I've yet to set it up, and you need your own server, so Dropbox and google
drive are the two
I can recommend right nowl.
The only trouble I have had with dropbox was when I tried to use a non-standard dropbox folder location
the configuration
interface froze for me on Vinux4, and the odd part is that this worked perfectly if a bit slowly before
on the same
distro.
I got around that problem using sym-inks.
If you are happy with the default location for the Dropbox folder, which most ppl should be, then Dropbox
is a fine choice
in my opinion. There are special GUIs, plug-ins and or scripts for dropbox on windows to improve
accessibility.
Just add dropbox files or folders with filemanager or mkdir etc., and to share them use the web interface
that is
accessible with firefox/orca as well as chrome/chromvox, and to a poit with CLI-browsers like Lynx.
Dropbox is one of the most widely used sharing platforms around, and while the 2.5GB storage in a free
account is not a
lot compared with some alternatives iit is plenty for many projects. I use mine for a lot of personal
storage of
refference materials and such taht I want no matter what computer I am using as well as to colaborate on a
project with
several other people. I even back-up settings and configurations for one computer there as well as my main
work directory.
--
B.H.