Re: [orca-list] does somebody know accessible C++ IDE for gnome

Hi,

Eclipse is the most accessible graphical IDE in Linux. Its cdt environment works quite well and is designed for c++ development. Having said that, there is a trailing second place choice. It's called Anjuta. It's Gnome's own IDE and is gtk+ based. It does have some holes in its accessibility though. Don't waste your time with the wxwidget-based IDE's like Codelite and Code::blocks because they all use the Scintilla widget which is inaccessible. Same goes for Geanny. The QT-based KDevelop is reputed to be an excellent IDE but I have never tried it out to tell you its accessible state. Last I checked though, it wasn't possible to edit text in a qt-based application so, I would be greatly, if pleasantly surprised to find out that an Orca user can code in one.

A non Orca choice for coding is Emacs with Emacspeak enabled. You may want to look into that as it is probably the true best and most accessible development application in all of Linux. Probably not so good for Rad in gtk+ though.

Best of luck,
Alex M