[orca-list] Fluxbox with Orca

Hi,
I got interested in fluxbox after setting it up on an old computer that needed something really light to
provide the GUI. I was impressed with the ease of use offered by Fluxbox as well as its speed. So, I
installed it on my computer and tried to get it working with Orca.
In the .~/.fluxbox directory, I edited the following files:
init
I added:
export GTK_MODULES=gail:atk-bridge
and in startup:
orca&
When I launched fluxbox, I got the "screenreader on" message. I was afraid that was going to be it though,
because nothing else worked. the menu you get from right clicking on the desktop doesn't read, the alt+f2 box to launch
applications doesn't read, and the programs I tried like Pluma text editor and pidgin instant messenger did not work.
I was on the verge of giving up and fileing it away as a lost cause, but then I decided to try Firefox, just to
see what would happen. Firefox came up and was accessible, with the same weird behavior it's been having for the
last several releases, but it did talk, and interestingly enough, any application I opened after that, pluma,
pidgin, etc, works perfectly. So, for now, I added firefox& to my startup file and now, when orca comes up,
and firefox starts, everything else I launch is accessible.
So, after this here long winded rambling is done, my question is ... What does Firefox do to make everything
just work? I'm assuming it exports a variable or something? I tried launching it from a terminal to see if it
would tell me, but I just get some warnings about setting gnome::program failing.
Oh, and actually I have the export GTK_MODULES stuff in my .xinitrc, not in .fluxbox/init.
I would really like to get this working without having FF in my startup file, but even with it there, it's
still lightning fast starting.
Thanks for any help/responses
Storm

Registered Linux user number 508465: https://linuxcounter.net/user/508465.html
My blog, Thoughts of a Dragon: http://www.stormdragon.us/
get my public PGP key: gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-key 43DDC193
Need a safe and easy way to backup and share files? Try Dropbox: http://db.tt/jeY50HR
"You should have known, the price of evil"
Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare