[orca-list] Tox Messenger, it's a FOSS replacement for Skype; I have questions.

Hi,

I recently discovered the Tox Messenger project.
https://tox.im/
Tox aims to be a free, open-source replacement for Skype, offering text messaging, voip with optional video, and peer-to-peer, encrypted sessions. Is anyone using this? I'd like to add some contacts. I believe the standard client has a QT5 gui. I found a gtk client called Venom; it's in the Arch User Repository as venom-git. There are very few options to configure, unless most of the preferences pane is invisible? There seems to be user account setup; ids are machine-generated. There is a user setup page, on which you put your human-recognizable name and status message. If you want to add me, the tox id is:

6AB98F32D9FEC45A152419135A656560D7E4617B8FF4FFE62E3CCDED6EFB30610DD78C7C3170

Cheers,

Dave  Hunt