[orca-list] That CapsLock Still Bugs Me!

Since I use the laptop layout, I use the Caps Lock key to function as the Orca modifier. When single tapping the Caps Lock key, no speech is heard; in fact, no sound is heard at all. but the actual shift status does change. I would expect this final behavior but I really don't like the fact that nothing is heard. What happens quite often for me is the shift status gets changed without my knowing it and then I end up entering invalid passwords and whatever. Is there any way to get either Orca to speak the shift status when pressed? You hear this when you press the bypass key first. The problem here is sometimes, the shift status gets changed when using the Orca modifier. I'm not sure if using the Orca modifier + key for commands always changes this status but I see times when it does. Hence my complaining about the Caps Lock key in the first place.

Yes, I use Speakup on this box. I'm using a very recent master pull of Orca on an up-to-date Arch Linux machine.