Re: [orca-list] That CapsLock Still Bugs Me!

I have exactly the same problem and eventually  I use speakup.
Thanks.

On 06/12/2014 12:09 PM, Steve Holmes wrote:
Since I use the laptop layout, I use the Caps Lock key to function as
the Orca modifier. When single tapping the Caps Lock key, no speech is
heard; in fact, no sound is heard at all. but the actual shift status
does change. I would expect this final behavior but I really don't like
the fact that nothing is heard. What happens quite often for me is the
shift status gets changed without my knowing it and then I end up
entering invalid passwords and whatever. Is there any way to get either
Orca to speak the shift status when pressed? You hear this when you
press the bypass key first. The problem here is sometimes, the shift
status gets changed when using the Orca modifier. I'm not sure if using
the Orca modifier + key for commands always changes this status but I
see times when it does. Hence my complaining about the Caps Lock key in
the first place.

Yes, I use Speakup on this box. I'm using a very recent master pull of
Orca on an up-to-date Arch Linux machine.