Re: [orca-list] wine and orca

It is not useful for what you want to do, but for the record you can use self-voicing programs with wine.
This will let
one play some games, and there are probably a few other uses, types of software,  that I've not thought of
that are
self-voicing and do not require the navigation in menus and such that one might wish to try and run in wine.
I've never done the configuration required to get this to work, but know of folks who have. I think Storm
Dragon has an
old blog post on the subject on his website.
Go to http://stormdragon.us/
and do a search. It'll probably be tagged with Linux, games, not sure what else. The article was originally
uploaded at
least 3 years ago I think.
--
B.H.