Re: [orca-list] twitter app with orca

No, no twitter clients.
Gwibber can be used, or at least could with precise and vinux4, but it's less than ideal.
Another solution that's not great if you get lots of tweets is to set up twitter with thunderbird's native
chat
functionality, and instantbird is similar but a chat only mozilla application.
Many of us use ttytter. It is commandline, but can be run well from a gnome or other terminal emulator and
has some
extensions that work nicely in the gui. I use it in vt consoles myself however. It takes a bit of getting
used to as you
use two character codes to work with tweets, i.e. you have a tweet labeled as e5. They go in order from a0
from the time
you log-in to a session. So to retweet you do something like
/rt e5
or to reply
/reply e5 Are you crazy? I'd never use anything but #ttytter!
Actually, I've set up t-bird, but seldom use it as tweets display in a screenreader unfriendly grid and I get
more than a
thousand a day. I also use bitlbee for twitter, but it doesn't do as much as ttytter which can do almost
anything that is
possible with twitter and similar services. Bitlbee lets you rt, reply and a couple other things, but with
ttytter you can
open urls directly, do easy searches and get tweets for a specific user, etc.
All the pidgin pluggg-ins for twitter were broken last I tried, and I even built some from source. One kind
of almost
worked, at least let me log-in once, but then would not after restarting pidgin, so I'm sure some one who
studied the
twitter api mess could fix one or more of the plug-ins but guess no one cared enough. On the other hand, it's
not that
easy  dealing with twitter I guess from what I hear.
HTH
--
B.H.