Re: [orca-list] Useful piece of kit

What a neat idea!

-----Original Message-----
From: orca-list [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Mike Ray
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2014 11:00 AM
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: [orca-list] Useful piece of kit

Hello.

This is definitely a bit off-topic but I thought I'd share this with you...

Have you ever found yourself bending down to press your ear against the palm-rest of a laptop PC to try to
hear whether the hard-disk is turning?  I find it's not always obvious when I have been pressing the power
button long enough either for the machine to start or to force a shutdown.  Of course we don't have the
luxury of seeing the LEDs.

The solution is to buy a cheap stethoscope from Ebay.  You can pick them up for about twelve dollars or so.
Mine cost me eight pounds UK.

No more cricking my back for me.  Now instead of my family thinking I have died and fallen over onto my
laptop, they think I'm playing doctors and nurses.  But it's a great way to hear what's going on inside.

Mike

--
Michael A. Ray
Analyst/Programmer

The box said: 'install Windows XP, 7 or better'. So I installed Linux

Interested in accessibility on the Raspberry Pi?
Visit: http://www.raspberryvi.org/

From where you can join our mailing list for visually-impaired Pi hackers