Re: [orca-list] Recording audio from the soundcard

The content of ""pactl" is not very easy to understand. For this reason, I try:

parec -d 0 > output.wav
parec -d 1 > output.wav
parec -d 2 > output.wav

The generated wave failed in all cases. I can't understand the meaning
of "pactl" contents. In spite of this, I could not find the word
"pulse audio", but only "alsa". If Gstreamer handles with Alsa, so
it's explainable why could be successful at least once.

I am not sure if I use pulseaudio or Alsa. I have installed the
standard version of Ubuntu 13.10 and Orca is that coming with this
distro. However, thinking about the results got up to now, it seems
more probably that I use Alsa. Actually, I can neither say that I
understand what is Pulse Audio or Alsa. I know only this things are
important for the sound. I don't know anything else. Perhaps, becose
of it, I can't say more precisly information.

But, the results up to know is: "parec" did not work in all cases.
"gst-launch" worked, but stoped to work after the computer restarting
and, sometimes, in the midle of the section.

Bellow, it's the output of "pactl" command:

Fonte #0

        Estado: SUSPENDED
        Nome: alsa_output.pci-0000_01_00.1.hdmi-stereo.monitor
        Descrição: Monitor of Redwood HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 5000 Series]
Digital Stereo (HDMI)
        Driver: module-alsa-card.c
        Especificação da amostragem: s16le 2ch 44100Hz
        Mapa dos canais: front-left,front-right
        Módulo proprietário: 5
        Mudo: no
        Volume: 0: 100% 1: 100%
                0: 0,00 dB 1: 0,00 dB
                balanço 0,00
        Volume base: 100%
                     0,00 dB
        Monitor do destino: alsa_output.pci-0000_01_00.1.hdmi-stereo
        Latência: 0 usec, 0 usec configurado
        Sinalizadores: DECIBEL_VOLUME LATENCY
        Propriedades:
                device.description = "Monitor of Redwood HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 5000
Series] Digital Stereo (HDMI)"
                device.class = "monitor"
                alsa.card = "1"
                alsa.card_name = "HD-Audio Generic"
                alsa.long_card_name = "HD-Audio Generic at 0xfbdbc000 irq 46"
                alsa.driver_name = "snd_hda_intel"
                device.bus_path = "pci-0000:01:00.1"
                sysfs.path = "/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:01.0/0000:01:00.1/sound/card1"
                device.bus = "pci"
                device.vendor.id = "1002"
                device.vendor.name = "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]"
                device.product.id = "aa60"
                device.product.name = "Redwood HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 5000 Series]"
                device.string = "1"
                module-udev-detect.discovered = "1"
                device.icon_name = "audio-card-pci"
        Formatos:
                pcm

Fonte #1
        Estado: IDLE
        Nome: alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo.monitor
        Descrição: Monitor of Áudio interno Estéreo analógico
        Driver: module-alsa-card.c
        Especificação da amostragem: s16le 2ch 44100Hz
        Mapa dos canais: front-left,front-right
        Módulo proprietário: 6
        Mudo: no
        Volume: 0: 100% 1: 100%
                0: 0,00 dB 1: 0,00 dB
                balanço 0,00
        Volume base: 100%
                     0,00 dB
        Monitor do destino: alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo
        Latência: 0 usec, 371519 usec configurado
        Sinalizadores: DECIBEL_VOLUME LATENCY
        Propriedades:
                device.description = "Monitor of Áudio interno Estéreo analógico"
                device.class = "monitor"
                alsa.card = "0"
                alsa.card_name = "HDA Intel MID"
                alsa.long_card_name = "HDA Intel MID at 0xfbcf8000 irq 44"
                alsa.driver_name = "snd_hda_intel"
                device.bus_path = "pci-0000:00:1b.0"
                sysfs.path = "/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1b.0/sound/card0"
                device.bus = "pci"
                device.vendor.id = "8086"
                device.vendor.name = "Intel Corporation"
                device.product.id = "3b56"
                device.product.name = "5 Series/3400 Series Chipset High Definition Audio"
                device.form_factor = "internal"
                device.string = "0"
                module-udev-detect.discovered = "1"
                device.icon_name = "audio-card-pci"
        Formatos:
                pcm

Fonte #2
        Estado: SUSPENDED
        Nome: alsa_input.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo
        Descrição: Áudio interno Estéreo analógico
        Driver: module-alsa-card.c
        Especificação da amostragem: s16le 2ch 44100Hz
        Mapa dos canais: front-left,front-right
        Módulo proprietário: 6
        Mudo: no
        Volume: 0:  14% 1:  14%
                0: -51,00 dB 1: -51,00 dB
                balanço 0,00
        Volume base:  10%
                     -60,00 dB
        Monitor do destino: n/a
        Latência: 0 usec, 0 usec configurado
        Sinalizadores: HARDWARE HW_MUTE_CTRL HW_VOLUME_CTRL DECIBEL_VOLUME LATENCY
        Propriedades:
                alsa.resolution_bits = "16"
                device.api = "alsa"
                device.class = "sound"
                alsa.class = "generic"
                alsa.subclass = "generic-mix"
                alsa.name = "ALC888 Analog"
                alsa.id = "ALC888 Analog"
                alsa.subdevice = "0"
                alsa.subdevice_name = "subdevice #0"
                alsa.device = "0"
                alsa.card = "0"
                alsa.card_name = "HDA Intel MID"
                alsa.long_card_name = "HDA Intel MID at 0xfbcf8000 irq 44"
                alsa.driver_name = "snd_hda_intel"
                device.bus_path = "pci-0000:00:1b.0"
                sysfs.path = "/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1b.0/sound/card0"
                device.bus = "pci"
                device.vendor.id = "8086"
                device.vendor.name = "Intel Corporation"
                device.product.id = "3b56"
                device.product.name = "5 Series/3400 Series Chipset High Definition Audio"
                device.form_factor = "internal"
                device.string = "front:0"
                device.buffering.buffer_size = "65536"
                device.buffering.fragment_size = "32768"
                device.access_mode = "mmap+timer"
                device.profile.name = "analog-stereo"
                device.profile.description = "Estéreo analógico"
                device.description = "Áudio interno Estéreo analógico"
                alsa.mixer_name = "Realtek ALC888"
                alsa.components = "HDA:10ec0888,103c2a9c,00100202"
                module-udev-detect.discovered = "1"
                device.icon_name = "audio-card-pci"
        Portas:
                analog-input-microphone-front: Microfone frontal (priority: 8500,
not available)
                analog-input-microphone-rear: Microfone traseiro (priority: 8200,
not available)
                analog-input-linein: Entrada de linha (priority: 8100, not available)
        Porta ativa: analog-input-linein
        Formatos:
                pcm