[orca-list] Recording audio from the soundcard

Hello all,

I have been trying to record sounds from my soundcard. I got a tip here:
http://jordilin.wordpress.com/2006/07/28/howto-recording-audio-from-the-command-line/
The intention is to capture an audio from Firefox.
By means of arecord, I can record sounds using the commandline.
But I don't know how to win a accessibility problem. Orca does not
behave very well in alsamixer dialog.
Before recording my audio with arecod, I should configure my input
with certain parameters.
I have tried also Audio-Recorder, but the áudio is always empty.
Does someone have a tip to record sounds from the soundcard using
terminal or a graphical application?
I have certain preference to do it by means of terminal, but any tip is welcome!

Regards,

--
Luciano de Souza