Re: [orca-list] Orca and touch screen support

Hi:

That's my thoughts exactly. From a programming point of view Orca and
at-spi work quite a bit differently from the way NVDA interacts with
Windows via the Windows API, U.I. Automation,  etc. So the trick for
an Orca developer would be to figure how to find the Linux equivalents
to the way NVDA handles touchscreen access on Windows and imitate it.
The same could be said for something like Talkback and Android. We are
talking major differences in API and implementation that don't
necessarily cross over to Orca and Gnome.