Re: [orca-list] Getting Orca on Mint Mate 17.1

If you are prepared to blindly enter commands into a terminal in order to install Orca in Mint, you can open the terminal and run

sudo apt-get install gnome-orca

Then press enter to confirm the extra packages that will be installed. Grew a pot of coffee, and once it's ready to drink, you should have Orca installed on the system.

Having said this, Ubuntu-MATE is probably a far better option for you, as it already comes with the latest MATE desktop, and Orca is installed on the iso.
--
"Don't judge my disability until you are able to see my ability."
~Kyle: https://kyle.tk/