Re: [orca-list] favorite linux distros.

I generally run Arch Linux, although I would recommend Sonar for new users who want an easy installer that mostly just works instead of all the geekiness you need to install Arch. That said, neither of these are based on the Debian/Ubuntu architecture. Your best bet for a Debian or Ubuntu based distro would probably be Ubuntu-GNOME or Ubuntu-MATE, as they have PPA's added by default that keep the respective desktops updated better than "official" Ubuntu. Either of these should give you one of the newest versions of Orca along with one of the latest versions of the desktop environment.
--
"Don't judge my disability until you are able to see my ability."
~Kyle: https://kyle.tk/