[orca-list] favorite linux distros.

Hello.
I'm wondering, What linux distros do people like and why?
I'd like to use the unity version of ubuntu 14.04 or 14.10 but apparently nobody knows when or even if we can expect a fix for the dash bug. I've used vinux 4.0 and like it for the most part but it is a little dated for me. I'd like to use vinux 5 but don't want a pre release version of any distro on that box. This brings me to the question of what else is out there? preferably something based on the ubuntu / debian archetecture. I'd like something that can run the latest versions of orca and firefox because i've found that the browsing experience is a little lacking on vinux.

Thoughts?