Re: [orca-list] favorite linux distros.

Alright, there you go, my favourit distros
1: ArchLinux. + latest gnome and Orca.
2: Sonar Linux, based on Manjaro linux.
3: Fedora.

On 12/22/2014 2:05 AM, B. Henry wrote:
Note that he mentioned adding two repos.
I like the now more widely adopted method of adding files to  /etc/apt/sources.list.d instead of just adding urls and maybe a comment to the main
sources.list file.
BTW, one I recommend to Ubuntu users, has a nifty little program to retrieve missing keys for newly added or updated repos.
It also has newer versions of quite a few programs that many of you use that are not in default Ubuntu PPAs. I've not used it on trusty, but it has
helped me a lot on precise and Vinux4.

To add the ppa and install the key-updater run the following commands in a console or gnome terminal.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
   sudo apt-get update
   sudo apt-get install launchpad-getkeys
I think launchpad-getkeys may run on its own on first installation, but I didn't wait to see and ran
sudo launchpad-getkeys
Which you can do at any time, but should only be necesary if you see a missing key error when running sudo apt-get update.
Actually, I'm almost sure the program runs on its own when installed.
For example, youtube-dl had a two year old version in precise repos when I added the above mentioned repository. Youtube-dl updates a couple or three
times a month on average, and youtube does change enough to break many helper programs that access it fairly frequently.
Audacious, pidgin, and I do not remember what all that is popular is in the repo.
--
B.H.