From: orca-list [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of B. Henry
Sent: Sunday, August 17, 2014 9:55 AM
To: Thomas Ward; orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Looking for a good Windows-like Ubuntu

I hit send too soon/forgot to say a couple things.
First a clarification. I do think one of the old windows knock-off interfaces is some what accessible, but
can never run newer accessiblity packages, so is not even worth considering, especially for anyone who needs
a graphical browser like firefox.
Anyway, again, you'd be using a somewhat crippled Linux, so just forget aboput trying to be a fo windows. If
you love windows that much, just use it and enjoy and suffer.
What I forgot to say is that I wrote that mate article, so if something is unclear, or needs to be included
in your opinion, please use the contact link or the email address I use here to let me know so I can see
about improving the article.
The other thing I forgot to mention is that here on a netbook with 1GB of RAM mate runs a bit faster and
better than Windows XP. It uses a bit more memory which is a good thing as using ram is always faster than
using hard-disk. On the extreme margins XP might run on hardware with less memory than Mate can, but XP sucks
when you start getting much below 1GB if you want to browse the web and need speech to do it.