Re: [orca-list] Experimental focus versus browse mode committed to master

The solution seems to be having a way to toggle the mode until it's toggled again, i.e. stickty mode , or in
other words
just toggle off the automatc switching between modes.
I do not know what triggers the mode switching. I'm no coder, but might understand given time to examine the
code in
question, don't have that time today anyway, and might be able to understand, not would understand anyway.
My point is, I can arrow upor down once, twice sometimes I think when at the very top position in the list
where the label
says something like please select. Then the mode switches back and I move to the next element, an edit box,
or maybe it's
an entry, don't remember.
My question back to you, and I'm certainly not looking for heated argument, just clear understanding and
something close
to consensus as to what's most effective before we are all finished, is:
Are you saying that a combo box is harder to work with than radio buttons?
If so, what would be the usage case or reason where one would not want to be able to continue to up and down
arrow through
all of the elements?
If there are times when thre are combo boxes where one would need to use the tab with out leaving the combo
box what are
they?
I understand that we generally want consistent behavior with arrows and tabs, but why would there even be
need for
inconsistent behavior as when one reaches the lilmites of the combo box the mode could automatically switch
whether one
arrowed all the way to the bottom or top, or if one tabs out of the element?
And if there are cases where the kind of thing I'm asking about occurs, then are they so numerous that it's
worth having
to use two or three keypresses for each move up and down a list as opposed to  making the default being a
sticky mode
switch when one is in a combo box, maybe some other element types as well?
If the answer to the last one is yes, (which I can't imagine at this time, but am quite likely missing
something obvious),
then we are still back to toggling on and off of automatic mode switching. The difference would be whether
auto switching
would be on or off by default once one entered the combo ox.
If you are asking me something else, please explain and I'll try and answer.
I'll likely be off line with in an hour or so for a few hours, but will read mail again when I get home.

Regards,
--
B.H.